You asked for it, and we got it! Due to popular demand, SHI has added Amazon Web Services (AWS) to our cloud products and solutions portfolio. This new partnership will help customers streamline the sourcing, procurement, and management of their AWS Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) assets.
The AWS cloud computing platform is composed of several remote computing services provided by Amazon. We’re currently focused on offering the three most popular AWS solutions.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) — a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud that’s designed to make web-scale computing easier for developers.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) — a highly scalable, reliable, and low-latency data storage system in the cloud.
- Amazon CloudWatch — a system that monitors AWS cloud resources and the applications customers run on AWS.
AWS offers businesses an easy-to-use, cost-effective, and scalable solution to manage their computing needs, all housed under a single umbrella. While the technology benefits and business case in favor of the AWS platform are numerous, sourcing AWS through SHI offers even more advantages to our customers. Here are the top three reasons why AWS is better with SHI:
- Cost savings. SHI’s overall purchasing volume can translate into potential cost savings for customers compared to buying it individually from AWS.
- Consolidated and consistent IT procurement. Buying AWS through the same account team that supports traditional volume licensing software and hardware assets enables organizations to leverage the rules of a managed procurement channel. Customers gain immediate visibility into AWS usage through regular SHI reporting and business reviews, and can see that it is properly classified as part of their overall IT spend.
- Expertise. SHI’s volume Licensing Executives (LEs) can help explain how Infrastructure as a Service and other cloud purchases impact an organization’s volume licensing scenario. Armed with a unified purchase history that serves as a snapshot of an IT environment, SHI’s LEs can provide the insight and expertise that will help customers reduce redundancy while remaining compliant.
In addition to product sale, SHI will provide pre-sales solution support and consultation, as well as post-sales first-call support for technical issues.
SHI offers AWS products and services to corporate and government customers in the U.S. and Canada. This new partnership expands our IaaS offerings and continues to build on the vast solutions we deliver to customers. And, we’re not done yet! Stay tuned in the weeks to come to learn more about our efforts to bring AWS into the SHI e-commerce experience.